Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Scrapbook - 13

I was walking around the school before anyone got here for spring orientation, and I came across this fountain in the garden of remembrance.  For some reason no one has turned it off and the water had frozen down the sounds and it looked like a completely different sculpture. The colors and light that was reflected in the ice was beautiful, and somehow it was still bubbling and running despite how freezing it was outside.

It was a brief accident, probably something that never should have happened and that someone has been reprimanded for since that freezing process can really damage the pipes, but it was beautiful.  I think I am the only one who saw it since there was no one on campus and it melted within the next week, but showed other people the picture that I took using my camera phone so that they could appreciate it too.  It is not art since it was a freak occurrence; there was no purpose for it and it was fleeting, but for its brief time it somehow embodied its own little ice world that stood still while the cold wind blew all around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment