My friends and I go for drives sometimes, and one night our drive took us over the bridge into Virginia because someone decided that the Sheetz by school was not sufficient. Next to the river on the Maryland side there was an industrial plant that was all lit up and smoking. Now I know that whatever was coming out of the plant was bad for the environment and I know that the lights all glittering in the stacks were unnecessary, but I couldn't help thinking it was beautiful and that people put so much emphasis on natural beauty that they ignore the industrial ones.It is not art, though it has been designed and has a purpose, but it still can be appreciated for its labors. Ironically enough it can be appreciated for the same reason it is despised. Though its purpose may not be beautiful, its objective appearance is.
No comments:
Post a Comment