
Recently when we were making our practice collages, we were told to use pictures from the websites that were designed to have their pictures analyzed. I liked my collage so much that I made it my background on my laptop. I was thinking about what to blog about when I saw the section of the collage that has the picture of footprints in the sand. That led me to find a picture that I liked that incorporated that idea for my "not art" scrapbook.
It is not art because it is just a foot print. The beauty of it on a beach though is its impermanence. No one know when the imprints will disappear, it all depends on the tide and the water, but eventually the evidence that someone stepped on that beach will disappear. This is one of the reasons that it drew my attention, but the main reason is because it reminds me of so many summers spent on the Outer Banks of North Carolina running away from waves and marveling at the rapidity in which the images disappear in the sand.
No comments:
Post a Comment