Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Scrapbook - 8

Since we have these scrapbooks assigned I am constantly looking for things to blog about, so tonight at dinner when my friend was making a very ugly face, I thought about how it was definitely not art and took a picture of it with my phone.  It drew my attention because it is, as can be seen, a very attention grabbing facial expression, but it is not art because of the lack of media.  If it had been drawn or photographed with intention it could be portrayed as art, but since I just noticed it in passing and there was no intent behind it it is not art.  We regard it in everyday life with fleeting thoughts and little memory of the moment.  Since he frequently distorts his face as such it loses its novelty and though art does not have to have novelty, it does have to have purpose and this is habit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment