Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scrapbook - 2


At first when we were told to find things that were not art, I tried to think of things that I viewed in a non-artistic sense.  This got me thinking about household items, so I decided to do a google image search of "common household items".  This led me to a million different pictures and started me on the grueling process of going through them all.  I came up on a picture of a lamp and captured by the idea of how many different kinds there are and how we have come to think of such a very incredible invention with such complacency.  Upon a more narrow search for just lamps I found these Mario mushroom lamps.  My roommate and I have a love of Mario Kart and Tennis so naturally they drew my attention. 

We look at lamps now a days as nothing than more than a convenience that we have come to take for granted, but when they don't work we really do appreciate the service they provide to us.  It interested me that we house such simple light bulbs in fancy casings to aesthetically please us, yet we rarely appreciate them.  They are not art usually, just pretty, but they are important because of the service they provide and worth our attention because without them we would be lost in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment