Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scrapbook - 6

After we found the ripples, my friends and I went on an adventure to Point Lookout.  There's a lighthouse there that is not like typical lighthouses that you think of.  It's smaller and mostly a large house, but on the very top there is this little room for the light.  It drew my attention because so many people make art with lighthouses as their focus and this one does not resemble any of those which can usually be found in the Carolina's or Cape Cod.

Lighthouses are very useful but most people regard them as a novelty rather than a safety precaution.  I just saw it for a brief moment, but it was enough to draw my attention because I made my roommate turn around and go back so I could take a picture of it.  It's not art because it is clearly a functioning mechanism and not like its counterparts at all, but it is still beautiful as most architecture is.  Also, so many stories could probably be told about it and those are more interesting than it could ever be.  That is what makes it important.

No comments:

Post a Comment