Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scrapbook - 5

My friends and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful day last Thursday.  First we walked through historic and found ourselves at the dock where the Dove lives during warmer weather.  I looked down and saw these ripples and was surprised by how perfect they were and beautiful, created by the waves moving over the sand.  


Usually we look at the water and disregard the sand beneath, but the water was so clear that it drew my attention.  It doesn't really confront us in our everyday lives, but it still is able to be appreciated if it is noticed. 

 

It's not art because it's so natural but it can make you appreciate the power of water and what it can create.  Also, these ripples won't be there forever and the impermanence of them make them even more beautiful.  I find it easier to appreciate something that I won't have forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment