Friday, February 13, 2009

Scrapbook - 3

I was at work trying to figure out what to scrapbook about, and I was looking around at all the very common objects when I saw the phone.  Now, I know phones aren’t usually all that interesting, but it reminded me of a couple of the phones that I had while growing up.  One was an old style black rotary telephone that I always enjoyed dialing and the other was a white rotary phone that looked very similar to the one in this picture.  So I decided to look up some old phone pictures on Google images.

Much like our appreciation for lamps, phones have become very commonplace and taken for granted.  Older phones were so ornate and aesthetically pleasing that they used to be more of an art piece than a useful object because they were such a luxury item.  But also like lamps, they are useful objects before art pieces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment